Anticoagulation clinic and INR Monitoring
what is anticoagulation and INR monitoring?
Anticoagulation involves blood thinners are used to prevent blood clots. Patients on certain blood thinners ,such as Coumadin, need to go for regular INR testing.
avoid the inconvenience of having to go to the lab. Get your INR tested right at the pharmacy .results are in minutes. Our experienced pharmacist will adjust your anticoagulation dose right away
- Anticoagulants (“blood thinners”) are used to treat and prevent blood clots for many “clotting” disorders such as deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, valvular heart disease, hereditary clotting disorders and, more commonly with our aging population, atrial fibrillation(Afib) which , if not adequately treated, poses a risk for stroke.
- Effective therapy with warfarin can be measured only with a blood test (INR/PT), and if the range is suboptimal (too low or too high), the patient is at risk for a clot or bleeding.
- Monitoring, prescribing and follow-up can require complex pharmacological responses and close integration between patient, lab, physician and pharmacist.
- Wiltshire Pharmacy is pleased to offer patients this service where patients can drop in and get their INR tested using a state of the art point of care machine !. The test is almost painless; using only a tiny drop of blood you get your results in less than a minute!.
- our specially trained pharmacists then adjust your dose accordingly and communicate the results with your doctor to keep in your file.